PATCHAM  U3A

Click here to eit subtitle

St. Peter's Church, Preston
The name Preston is Anglo-Saxon, meaning 'priest's farmstead' and the village was often called ' Preston Episcopi. The 1086 Domesday survey shows the manor held by the Bishop of Chichester and the existence of a Church and a mill. The population consisted of 62 households. The settlement was centred at the point where the drovers taking sheep to Lewes market crossed the Wellesbourne River.